Don’t let arthritis hold you back. Our ten-week Activity With Arthritis programme provides practical coping strategies, exercise options, nutrition advice and so much more.
Over ten weeks you’ll receive:
- Education about arthritis and what helps
- Weekly exercise classes
- Support for self-management
- Practical coping strategies
- Nutrition advice
- Multidisciplinary team support.
Staying active is the first line of treatment
Research shows that hip and knee osteoarthritis sufferers who take part in supervised exercise and education programmes benefit from reduced pain, improved physical function, more physical activity and better quality of life. The reliance on painkillers and sick leave is also reduced. And, the exercise also positively affects other chronic diseases and improves general health and wellbeing.
4. Hoffmann TC, Maher CG, Briffa T, Sherrington C, Bennell K, Alison J, et al. Prescribing exercise interventions for patients with chronic conditions. CMAJ. 2016;188:510–8