Acupuncture treatment is used by physiotherapists following post graduate training.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture involves the insertion of fine disposable needles into specific points on the body.
The main types of acupuncture offered are:
- Traditional which is based on Chinese theories of energy balance.
- Western medical based on concepts of anatomy and physiology.
- Dry needling rapid short term needling to tender trigger points to improve function.
The use of Moxa (heat), Cupping or Auricular (Ear acupuncture) may also be offered by your physiotherapist.
How it can help you?
Acupuncture helps stimulate the natural healing processes of the body. It is also proven to help with pain relief and improve general well being.
It is often used to treat :
- Acute and Chronic injuries
- Muscle and joint problems
- Neck and back pain
- Nerve pain
- Sports injuries.