If you want to relieve pain or simply enhance your wellbeing, acupuncture is a great option as it helps stimulate the natural healing processes of the body.
Acupuncture is often used to treat:
- Acute and chronic injuries
- Muscle and joint problems
- Neck and back pain
- Nerve pain
- Sports injuries.
During your acupuncture treatment, your physiotherapist will insert fine disposable needles into specific points on the body. There are three main types of acupuncture offered:
- Traditional: based on Chinese theories of energy balance
- Western medicine: based on concepts of anatomy and physiology
- Dry needling: rapid short-term needling to tender trigger points to improve function.
All our acupuncture treatments are delivered by expert physiotherapists who have completed post-graduate training.