Pelvic health issues such as bladder leakage or abdominal pain are often accepted as a normal part of life, but they needn’t be. Our team of pelvic health physiotherapists can improve and often resolve problems through individualised physiotherapy assessment and treatment.
Pelvic health issues can affect women, men and children. Common complaints include:
- Leaking urine when coughing, laughing, sneezing or exercising
- Needing to rush suddenly to the toilet and/or leaking urine before you get there
- Going frequently to the toilet to pass urine
- Pain or discomfort in the bladder region
- A bulge and/or dragging sensation from your vagina or back passage
- Pain on intercourse
- Difficulty passing a bowel motion
- Difficulty controlling wind or bowel motions
- Feeling like you have not completely emptied your bowels
- Pain in and around the vagina, or back passage
- Discomfort in the lower abdomen
- Weak abdominal and pelvic floor muscles after having a baby or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic pain or back pain with pregnancy
- Leaking urine post-prostatectomy surgery.
Our highly trained physiotherapists understand the emotional, social and physical difficulties that these conditions can cause, and are passionate about helping people restore and regain control of their bodies. We know how distressing talking about some of these issues can be and do everything we can to put our clients at ease.
Get a free five-minute phone consultation
If you’re unsure if you require treatment or want to know more about pelvic health physiotherapy feel free to give one of our experienced physiotherapists a call. We offer free five-minute phone consultations to discuss your symptoms and how we might be able to help.