Looking to maximise performance and reach your peak? Our high performance team will help you become more physically robust so that you can lift your game.
The Body In Motion High Performance Centre gives you access to:
- Strength and conditioning coaches
- Exercise and nutrition physiologists
- Sports psychologists
- Sports physicians.
We work with you to understand your athletic profile, the demands of your sport, the goals you want to achieve and the barriers that you face.
You will benefit from:
- Movement analysis/screening specific to your sporting needs. This will identify movement imbalances, compensations or restrictions – so you deal to them before injury strikes
- Injury prevention seminars and practical sessions specific to your sport (for teams and individuals)
- Personalised injury management and return-to-sport planning
- Timely referral to other members of the high performance team
- Access to world-class gym facilities.
What is movement screening?
Movement screening analyses your fundamental movement patterns and provides insights into how you use your body – identifying potential weak links, movement compensations and restrictions which may lead to an increased risk of injury.
Movement screening is ideal for you if you want to:
- Be in good physical condition to cope with variability in training load
- Train regularly and make sure your training is contributing to performance and not mechanisms of injury
- Find out whether a reoccurring niggle or injury is related to your movement competency.
Anyone can benefit from a movement screen – you don’t need to be an athlete, or suffering an injury. In fact, a movement screen is best undertaken when injury-free, as a preventative method and performance-enhancing tool.
A movement screen will give you the strategies to address any weak links so you can take control of your training and injury prevention. You may be prescribed corrective exercises, self-treatment techniques or hands-on physiotherapy. We aim to give you, the athlete, the tools and insight to take control of your own training and injury prevention.
How does it work?
Our performance experts use a variety of physiotherapy and strength and conditioning tests which will be tailored to your individual needs and the demands of your sport.
Still unsure of what movement screening is, and how it can help? Read this article by Ali Wilson, Body In Motion Sports Physiotherapist.
Movement screening is available for individual athletes, coached athletes, and sports teams (please contact to discuss prices for teams).