Pelvic Health and Women’s Health
We have an experienced team of Physiotherapists who specialise in the area of Pelvic Health.
Pelvic health issues can affect women, men and children. Unfortunately they are often accepted as a normal part of life. However, research has shown that many of these conditions can be improved and often resolved with specific, individualised physiotherapy assessment and treatment.
Some common complaints that our Pelvic Health Physiotherapists can help with are:
- Leaking urine when: coughing, laughing, sneezing or exercise.
- Needing to rush suddenly to the toilet and/or leaking urine before you get there.
- Going frequently to the toilet to pass urine.
- Pain or discomfort in the bladder region.
- A bulge and/or dragging sensation from your vagina or back passage
- Pain on intercourse.
- Difficulty passing a bowel motion
- Difficulty controlling wind or bowel motions
- Feeling like you have not completely emptied your bowels.
- Pain in and around the vagina, or back passage
- Discomfort in the lower abdomen.
- Weak abdominal and pelvic floor muscles after having a baby or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic pain or back pain with pregnancy.
- Leaking urine post-prostatectomy surgery
Our highly trained specialist physiotherapists, understand the emotional, social and physical difficulties that these conditions can cause, and are passionate about helping people restore and regain control of their bodies. We understand how distressing talking about some of these issues can be and do everything we can to put our clients at ease. .
Unsure if you need a Consultation?
If you are unsure if you require treatment or want to know more about Pelvic Health Physiotherapy feel free to give one of our experienced physios a call. We offer free 5 minute phone consultations to discuss your symptoms and whether or not we can help you.